|COLONEL JEFFREY T. "SAL" MINEO|
Colonel Jeffrey T. Mineo is the commander of the 310th Space Wing, Schriever Air Force Base, Colo. The unit is the only space wing in Air Force Reserve Command. He directs the operations and staff activities of 15 units and two direct reporting units. The missions of these units range from space operations, network security, command and control of space forces, missile warning, medical, mission support, and security forces.
Colonel Mineo graduated from Florida State University on April 30, 1983, and received a commission through the Air Force Reserve Officer Training Program. He is a senior navigator with more than 2,200 hours in the T-37, T-43, B-52G, and B-52H aircraft and held multiple combat crew certifications in the AN/USQ-163-1 Air Operations Center weapon system in support of worldwide taskings. Colonel Mineo also maintained world-wide mobility and combat-ready status as an AOC commander, responsible for the planning and execution of all theater flying operations in five areas of responsibility around the world. He also held numerous supervisory, liaison and contingency battle staff positions, including the Joint Forces Air Component Commander's AOC Director, Chief of Combat Operations, Director of the Air Component Coordination Element, squadron commander, operations officer, and Chief of Strategy. Colonel Mineo was also the AOC's chief strategy campaign planner in Operation UPHOLD DEMOCRACY, building the air component's decision briefing for the President of the United States during the critical hours leading up to initial execution. Colonel Mineo spent 14 of his 28 years of service directly involved in the stand-up and conversion of four C2 above-wing level units from inception to initial and fully operational capability.
1983 Bachelor of Science degree in economics, Florida State University, Fla.
1989 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1992 Masters degree in business administration, Golden Gate University, Calif.
1993 Joint Employment Tactics School, Ellsworth AFB, S.D.
1993 Joint Doctrine Air Campaign Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1994 Joint Air Operations Battle Staff Course, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
1996 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
1996 Joint C2 Warfare Staff Officer Course, Armed Forces Staff College, Va.
1998 Joint Forces Air Component Commander Staff Course, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
2001 Navy JFACC Staff Augmentation Course, San Diego, Calif.
2001 USAF Civilian Supervisors Course, March Air Reserve Base, Calif.
2001 JFACC Senior Staff Course, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
2002 Air War College, by correspondence
2005 Expeditionary Combat Support Exec Warrior Course, Air Mobility Warfare Center, Ft. Dix, N.J.
2011 National Security Management Course, Maxwell School, Syracuse, N.Y.
1. June 1983 - January 1985, student navigator/electronic warfare officer, Mather AFB, Calif.
2. January 1985 - April 1988, B-52H EWO/instructor EWO, 23rd Bomb Squadron, Minot AFB, N.D.
3. April 1988 - February 1989, Chief, Defensive Systems Branch, 5th Bomb Wing, Minot AFB, N.D.
4. February 1989 - September 1991, B-52G Instructor, Combat Crew Training School, Castle AFB, Calif.
5. September 1991 - August 1992, B-52 flight examiner, 93rd Operations Group, Castle AFB, Calif.
6. August 1992 - September 1993, Chief, Defensive Systems, Formal Training Unit, 328th Bomb Squadron, Castle AFB, Calif.
7. September 1993 - June 1995, Air Operations staff officer, C2 warfare planner, Chief of Strategy, 612th Combat Plans Squadron, Davis-Monthan AFB, Ariz.
8. June 1995 - September 1996, Chief, Theater Air Control Systems, Headquarters 12th Air Force, Davis-Monthan AFB, Ariz.
9. September 1996 - April 1998, Commander, Operations and Plans Flight, 701st Combat Operations Squadron, March ARB, Calif.
10. April 1998 - July 1999, Assistant Director of Operations, 701st Combat Operations Squadron, March ARB, Calif.
11. July 1999 - November 2003, Operations Officer, 701st Combat Operations Squadron, March ARB, Calif.
12. November 2003 - May 2007, Commander, 710th Combat Operations Squadron, Langley AFB, Va.
13. May 2007 - October 2008, Commander, Det 2, 10 AF, Beale AFB, Calif.
14. October 2008 - July 2009, Commander, 940th Air Refueling Wing, Beale AFB, Calif.
15. July 2009 - December, Commander, 940th Wing, Beale AFB, Calif. (September 2010-December 2010, deployed as Special Assistant to the Commander, Air Forces Central for Integrated Air and Missile Defense, Al Udeid Air Base, Qatar)
16. January 2011 - present, Commander, 310th Space Wing, Schriever AFB, Colo.
Rating: Senior Navigator
Flight hours: More than 2,200
Aircraft flown: T-37, T-43, B-52G and B-52H
ADDITIONAL MISSION QUALIFICATIONS
Space System: GPS
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with six oak leaf clusters
Combat Readiness Medal with three oak leaf clusters
National Defense Service Medal
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Korean Defense Service Medal
Air Expeditionary Service Ribbon with Gold Border
Air Force Longevity Service with five oak leaf clusters
Armed Forces Reserve Medal with hourglass
Small Arms Expert Marksmanship Ribbon with bronze star
Air Force Training Ribbon
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 26, 1983
First Lieutenant May 26, 1985
Captain May 26, 1987
Major March 1, 1995
Lieutenant Colonel Sept. 1, 1999
Colonel Feb. 6, 2004
(Current as of June 2011)