ROBINS AIR FORCE BASE, Ga. --
On April 23, Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp released his plan to “Revive a Healthy Georgia,” allowing certain businesses to reopen, such as gyms, fitness centers, barber shops, hair and nail salons.
As Robins Air Force Base begins to follow suit and reopen base facilities to welcome patrons, it’s important to remember the virus causing COVID-19 and the risk of contracting it are still present. Protecting yourself and others from becoming infected is just as important now as it was before.
Here are some tips to help supervisors, workers and base visitors prevent infection while on base.
Supervisors are recommended to:
- Establish policies and practices for social distancing, using a distance of approximately six feet. Implement staggered shifts for employees and encourage telework for individuals considered to be at higher risk of serious illness.
- Support respiratory etiquette and proper hand hygiene. Encourage hand hygiene by providing visual aids in restrooms and placing hand sanitizers in multiple locations around the workplace. Discourage handshaking and educate employees on the best way to cover coughs and sneezes.
- Perform routine environmental cleaning and disinfection. Encourage employees to frequently clean their workplace areas and commonly touched surfaces, such as keyboards, telephones, handrails and doorknobs.
Additional guidance can be found at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/guidance-business-response.html.
Visitors play an active role in helping facilities prevent infection.
While visiting recreational facilities, it’s recommended visitors:
- Maintain a social distance of six feet from others.
- Wash hands frequently or use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- If visiting the gym, please disinfect exercise equipment after use.
Additional guidance on visiting parks and recreational facilities can be found at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/daily-life-coping/visitors.html.
For more information on Robins operations regarding COVID-19, please visit the Robins coronavirus webpage at https://www.robins.af.mil/coronavirus/ or the Robins Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/RobinsPublicAffairs/.